Questions to ask the interviewer – The interview is certainly a process for getting a good job by giving good answers. In an interview, it is also really very important to ask good questions at the end of the interview with the employer.
Questions in order to ask the interviewer
In almost most of the interviews, the interviewer asks the candidate in order to have information. This is a very crucial opportunity to show that you are prepared, and curious, and also have a dialogue regarding the job interview.
There are certainly various types of questions that can be asked. However, let us check out the questions one by one depending on the categories.
Questions in order to ask to the interviewer
Related to the company
- What do you like best in order to work at the company?
- Are there any challenges in order to work at this company you think I should know about?
- Can you also please describe the company culture in more detail?
- What is the dynamic like between the company’s board of directors, shareholders, executives, and also employees?
- Can you please share some information in regard to the company’s financial position and performance?
- What type of people typically succeed at this company?
Questions that are personal
- Why did you join this Company?
- What has contributed to your success here?
- Do you have any advice for me?
- What has your personal career path at this company been like
- What makes you want to keep working here?
Relating to job expectations
- If I were to start in this position right away, what is the biggest contribution I could make in the first few weeks?
- What are some of the day-to-day tasks that I will be expected to accomplish?
- Some of the most important skills this position calls for?
- What projects are in the pipeline for this job?
- Is there any potential for future relocation in this job?
Questions relating to you being a job fit
- What are the keys to success in this job?
- What are the prospects in order to grow in this position?
- When and how is feedback given to employees?
- Now that we’ve talked in depth about my qualifications, is there any reason why I would not be successful in this position?
Here, you will get a chance to clear the doubts of the employer, in regard to your experience or qualification.
Once you are done with these questions, you can leave the venue. But, before leaving, you should get the card or contact info of the interviewer. Here you can ask the following questions:
- When will someone be back in touch with me?
- Who should I stay in touch with if any questions arise?
- How quickly are you looking to fill the position?
Till now you must have got to know what you can ask the interviewer. But, there are also a few things that need not be asked.
What not to ask from the interviewer?
- How often do you, drug-test employees?
- What are my working hours?
- How did my interview go?
- How many workers does this company employ globally?
- Who is the company’s CEO?
- Never ask about salary, compensation, or benefits during the interview.
Do check the sample formats by clicking on the link.
About the Author: Anju Jindal
Anju is a trainer, entrepreneur, and career growth specialist who helps students, working professionals, women, and Job seekers to reach out to their goals by implementing a Career Growth plan