CV and its component When we go for a job interview one thing which reaches even before you reach to the employer is the CV or Curriculum vitae. This is one thing which decided even whether you will be called for the interview or not.There are so many questions which come to our mind as far as resume is concerned. The questions like-
- What is the format of the CV?
- Do we need a cover letter with the resume?
- How can we make a CV which stands out from others?
- How will we make sure that we get a call for the interview?
- Is CV same as Resume?
So, lets discuss in this blog about CV and its component and step by step guide to make your resume.
What is a CV?
A CV basically means “course of life”.A CV is a formal detailed document that showcases a person’s professional, academic details. It helps candidates to showcase his/her talent to the employer even before he reaches to the job interview. It also helps the employer to shortlist candidates by looking at the resumes of the candidate.
Do we need a cover letter with the CV?
A cover letter shows skills, accomplishments of the candidate in a detailed manner and if a CV is accompanied by a cover letter, the impression would be much better on the employer and it will help the candidate to explain about him/her in a better way. Check the resume format.
What is the format of a CV?
As far as the format of CV is concerned, we can take any format. We can use Ms. Word template, Canva, cvmaker.com, resumegenious.com.But, the one which is made by you is best. Few tips which can be taken care of while making a resume are as follows:
- The paper used for printing should be white A4 size.
- The margin should be 0.5 on each side3.
- Contact info should be on the top of the CV.
- Use bullets and not paragraphs to give details in the CV.
- The CV should be properly spaced for the better look.
- The font should be legible like Arial, Times new roman and content should be 11 or 12 pts.
- The line spacing can be single or 1.15 line spacing.
- The CV should be properly structured by dividing it into blocks.
- Make sure to check the CV for spelling and grammar errors before taking a print out or uploading.
- The most important is CV should be customized as per the interviews.
What makes a CV stand out?
The best CVs which are preferred then others are:
- An easy, readable and well understood document.
- Fit in 2-3 pages and have quality.
- ATS-compatibly optimized.
- Formatted to highlight essential information about the candidate.
- Attractive with or without a photo.
- With a cover letter.
What are the components of CV?
The components can vary from CV to CV but for details about the format and component of CV check the blog.
Is CV same as resume?
CV is targeted and explains in detail about experience, it can be more than 1 page.A resume is mostly one page document comprising of summary of educational background, skills, personal details and experience.Though in most of the countries these terms are interchangeably used. Rather than the format, content makes the difference.
So, Now you know everything about a CV and how to design it. Start making a resume and in case you have any questions, comment to get the answers.Do check the sample formats by clicking on the link.
Sample CV formats If you need the consultation for your communication skills, Interview skills, career growth, Time management, goals management, and many more things check my website – www.anjujindal.com. Linked videosInterview questions about ConflictWhat are the Interview questions?Interview Experience related questionsInterview Thought process-related questionsInterview Behaviour related questionsInterview Questions related to youWhat is more important-Career growth or career development?
About the Author: Anju Jindal
Anju is a trainer, entrepreneur, and career growth specialist who helps students, working professionals, women, and Job seekers to reach out to their goals by implementing a Career Growth plan
To get latest updates follow me on social media
Practical and fun ways to improve English spellings
September 23, 2021
Importance of English in Workplace
September 16, 2021
Communication, Life skills, Vlog
CV VS Cover Letter
September 14, 2021
All, Career, Interview
How To Learn Public Speaking Skills Fast
September 8, 2021